Monday 8 January 2018

Just a taste Episode 10


DANIEL: The reason I got into this storyline was because, I got twisted with Nadia in complicated ways I couldn’t imagine.
I had gotten back to the Academy late in the night. I would have to sneak in but my problem was at night, security was tight.
I was praying so hard I make it to my room alive.
Who knows, all those Hausa soldiers that smokes dry weed can just fire me thinking its one stray rabbit.
And I was right.
“Who’s there?!”
I froze at first. Waiting for the angry man to get to me. But the guy cracked his gun. It was then I realized he wasn’t approaching me to hear my explanation. I took off and he pursued.
I found a dark tunnel and without thinking what I might encounter while going thru it. I ran inside.
And you won’t believe this man followed.
My initial plan was to hide there for a while and then later come out when he was out of sight.
But plans change. I hurried to the other side.
To the glory of God I came out in our floor. But it wasn’t my Hall.
I noticed a door open, I ran in and shut the door.
Ok, listen. This is were our original story started from. Because I actually ran into Nadia’s room. Only to discover there was an unconscious lady, bleeding. From frying pan to fire.
NADIA: The shock that overwhelmed me got me startled for the next 2minutes. It wasn’t my fault. The horrific tales I heard from the mysterious old woman had created fear in my mind already.
I didn’t know I had not even locked the door until the person I least expected rushed in
“Jesus! God no..God no! Why me today. Why do they want to kill me?!”
Lord of heaven. My heart had left me. My thoughts were the people responsible had come to finish the Job. But It was just Daniel. What was he doing in my room. He was sweating profusely. He was panting and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.
“Daniel?”
Before I uttered another word I heard a knock on my door. He quickly hid behind the door and signaled me not to sell him out.
Sell him out keh, when I have my own case to hide.
“Sir there is no one here. Please I am naked”
That was the word to convince the man.
When he was finally gone. I rushed to Joyce and applied pressure to her chest. She was pleading from a slight tear on her forehead. She must have hit her head somewhere. Thank goodness I knew exactly what to do. Am a Doctor nah.
“What do we do?”
I asked Daniel who has been standing afar off by the door. He made sure there was a very reasonable gap between us. I knew he was thinking I did the damage.
“What’s we? You and who?”
He quickly replied.
“Mr man. Whether you like it or not. We are in this together now. Except you want me to call back the security”
I threatened. After he hesitated for a while he gave in.
“Take hold this scissors. I have to sew her up”
I made sure all my medical kits were with me. I had taken them with me to the academy.
He was quiet as I sew her up and made her lie on her back to stop the bleeding. Slowly I could sense life coming back to her.
We couldn’t sleep. he sat opposite me, with his back against the wall.
I had a lot as to say. A lot to ask. And I knew he had something to say to. But we sat looking up to the ceiling. Like there was something special in it.
“So you tried to kill her”
He finally spoke out.
“Kill who? Is like there is something wrong with you. Or I should be scared that you want to kill me. What are you doing in my room at this time of the night?” I fired back immediately. I had been expecting him to say it. I had been prepared.
He was quiet again.
“That’s why you tore my trousers the other day”
He shot again.
“After you planned to disgrace me. And for the record you bath me with sour food so what’s the big deal”
Silence again. Till he asked another question, the one I least expected.
“What happened Nadia. You were broken that day. Who hurt you?”
I opened my mouth but no words came out. I felt he was trying to read me, so I turned my face before I found the words to reply.
“None of your business”
I expected him to say something else, but he didn’t so I asked
“Where are you coming from by this time. And why was the security after you?”
My mind was telling me he had went clubbing.
And I had the right to know since he took refuge in my room. But then, the guy had the guts to reply
“None of your business”
And we stayed quiet all night. I even fell asleep and woke up to still see him in the same sitting position. It was almost 4am. Now there is trouble. Because Joyce had not woken up yet.
“Daniel, she has not woken up”
I muttered, i was panicking already.
“So?”
He asked. For a while there he didn’t understand till I gesticulated at the time.
“Ok ok. Am out of here”
He stood up and started towards the door.
“It seems you’re forgetting something”
“What?”
“That any guy found in the ladies Hall is outright expulsion”
He sat back.
“God, why is this happening to me? Which kind wahala be all this one”.
He lamented. That’s not my business anyway. We are in this one together, whether the Devil likes it or not.
I remembered I had Robb with me. I quickly applied to her nose continuously till she sneezed and jerk up.
” let me go! Let me go!”
Daniel rushed to her like the flash and held her mouth even before i made a move.
“What’s wrong with you. It’s like you want to expose us”
I hit his hands off her.
“What’s wrong with you. Can’t you see she is hurt?”
He held his head and looked up to heaven
“God, let this cup pass me by”
He lametd again
I hissed and turned to Joyce.
“What happened”
She held my hand and muttered.
“It was our supervisor. Brenda”
Just a taste Continues

No comments:

Vacancy