Monday 22 January 2018

Just A Taste episode 15



DANIEL: Humiliation of the highest order. After risking my full life to get to her. She slammed the door at me. Well, I hunged the Rose I brought, to her door post. With a little piece of paper.
I know most people would question how I got to know about Joyce’s identity. It was Brenda. She was falling for my future wealth already. Although we kept it a secret from the house. She was all over me. And there was no information she withheld from me. Although, I knew she had an hidden agenda. Just that I had not figured it out yet. What’s my business anyway, since Nadia is proving a little difficult. I would have to get Brenda first.

NADIA: Brenda is the president’s daughter!
My mouth went wide for shock.
“You are joking right?”
She scoffed and dropped her phone on her bed before she faced me.
“Am not”

“How did you find out? Like how did you know she is the president’s daughter?”
The look she gave me made me wonder if the question I asked was dumb.
“Really? Are you that daft? Cos I am his daughter too. My mother is the first wife”
‘Egbami oh’
I had to look for where to sit first before I proceed.
“Ok what is going on? Are you all trying to drag me into your family issues?”
She opened her mouth to respond. But it seemed she remembered something, so she digressed.
“Who was that? The person you slammed the door on?”
Oh, I remembered now. It was Daniel? I was angry nah. It wasnt my fault. I hurried back to open up, but he was gone.
I swear, seriously I swear… I never meant to blush. But I did when a rose fell on my feet and a paper with the words scripted 
“I just wanted to say hi, pretty”
But then, I caught myself.
“Nadia, remember the rules sha”
Joyce startled me.
“What’s that? we are talking about you. Not this”
She picked her phone and continued her chat.
“Abeg, later. If you want to stop the training. You stop. Your loss anyway”
Ok that was so true, it’s my loss. my initial purpose of being a cook was to have vengeance. Now I just enjoyed doing it.
I slept that night after ignoring Wilson’s call for over 5times. ‘Who he help?’
The next morning. I received a WhatsApp message.
“Hi pretty, hope you got my rose? Sorry for disturbing you girls ok?”
without seeking for a spiritual revelation. I knew it was Daniel.
I had questions
How did he get my number?
Should I reply him?
I ignored my first question. But attended to the second as I replied.
“Gud morning, I got ur flower. Thnks.”

DANIEL: How did I get Nadia’s Number? You know nah. ‘Brenda’
As the supervisor, she had all our Academy required information
Although I had to construct lies I knew she didn’t buy. But she gave it to me without objecting. She didn’t even ask why.
‘Wetin concern me?’
I collected it and went to work.

NADIA: Brenda taught pepper chicken again. Like seriously? I know the stuff already.
“Nadia, so you didn’t disgrace us last week. Nice one. Pay attention because after I teach the theory of this dish, you would prepare it.. I expect you to cook this confidently.. Except you cheated in your test”
Brenda said as she approached me. Don’t mind me, I had been discussing with my crew. The lesson was stale to me.
And you can imagine the challenge she threw at me. I was going to prove her wrong.
I received a text message just before I replied.
“Don’t prepare that dish Nadia”
It was Joyce.
I looked at her direction, her head was bowed. It seemed she didn’t want Brenda to know she was communicating with me.
“Nadia? Oh so your glory is short lived. I understand”
Ok this was too much embarrassment.
“I’ll prepare it”
I could see the shock on everyone. I looked to Joyce. Her head was still bowed.
“Hmm..ok.. Take the stage.”
Trust me, withing few minutes. The marinated chicken was neatly and skillfully prepared.
The applauds made my head flutter. The winks Daniel threw was obvious.
“Never underestimate me. Brenda”
I whispered to her ear when I was close.
I could feel the burn in her skin. Yes! Let her burn.
After the lesson, Joyce was gone. I knew she was angry.
Just metres to my room, Brenda held me back. It was like she appeared from nowhere.
She spoke from her clenched teeth, her eyes was unexplainably red.
“So it’s confirmed. Serena has been teaching you. She alone can prepare a dish like that. You fool! You wanna be a part of a war you can’t win. Nadia, mark my words. You will be crushed!”

Just  A Taste Continues


No comments:

Vacancy