Friday 5 January 2018

JUST A TASTE Episode 4


NADIA continues: The day I would never forget in my entire life..I gently slit my hand into my purse and handed a bundle of cash back to him”Thanks, you can keep the change”I forced it into his hands when he hesitated, smiling mischievouslyBefore he made another attempt, the woman on suit reappearedOf course what she had to say was paramount, so all attention turned to her.. I still noticed Daniel with my cornered eyes, he had his eyes on me.. Maybe he thinks I am one gullible girl he can cajole just like that”You would be given a ticket at the exit of this Hall which would carry your room number, find your room and prepare for tomorrow”Immediately she left the podium I jumped up and hurried thinking that Daniel was behind me, surprisingly he wasn’t..whoa, what a relief quickly picked my ticket and tried to locate my room..You won’t believe that I had to drag my bags to the third floor, I was sweating profusely, breathing so hard and finally when I got to the room, it was open..

At first, I dropped my bags and peeped in to make sure I was not walking into a dead trap..before I carefully entered..”Hey!”My heart left my chest, I almost lost my balance in shock onlyto later discover it was the girl I had wanted to slit her throat on my journey to Lagos”We meet again!”Shit! No one told me I was going to have a roommate..she didn’t seem scared of me this time..I sighed, I really loved my privacy and a quiet environment to think but just one look at this girl, I could tell she was a very talented talkative..God why?And I was right, she kept on blabbing about heaven and earthFirst she asked why I gave her that malicious look on our journey to the academy”oooohhh..you have no idea”I thought in my mind and settled on my bed..Thoughts of that Daniel flooded my mind again..God what an embarrassment, only the ladies would really understand..if only my tummy cooperated with me, I wouldnt have to face such an embarrassment..I just tried not to think of it..I didn’t even know if I would ever be able to face that guy again”Young woman, I gave you that look cos at that moment I feltlike killing someone..and don’t you underestimate me when itcomes to murder”I warned my roommate, when she wouldn’t stop pestering me and it worked the magic, instantly she became quiet and ran to her bed..Thank goodness.. that night, lots of thought disturbed my sleep..Wilson, how could he? I imagined how he could even stay without calling to say Hi.. How that dirty girl would be all over him now..and then my family, they must be searching all over for me..do they still think am running mad..Well as normal I slept by 1pm, after chatting and watching lots of videos on my phone.. 

My dear readers, that was the worst decision I had ever made in my entire life”Up! Up! Rise and shine!”I couldn’t see clearly till a pail of water was splashed on me..It was 4am! What are we rising for nah? To shine where?! Where is the sun?”What’s going on here?! It’s just 4am for God’s sake!”I lamented at the lady on a styled one buttoned suit and an high heel..who is she self?”Slap yourself”It was like my ears stood at attention”Excuse me? You emptied a pail of water on me, disturbed me from my Precious sleep! And now I should slap myself? You must be mad”All this while, as I ranted in anger, she didn’t say a word..and my common sense didn’t smote me..until she pressed a button on my doorpost and spoke to it”Security, someone just got expelled”Jesus! Her words gained weight in my ears.. I fell to my knees immediately.. 

It was very cold but at that moment, perspiration appeared on my forehead..expelled? God no..I pleaded my eyes out, it was then I noticed my roommate wasn’t even in the room.. After much pleading, she sent the security back and ordered me to follow her..without hesitating I changed into my shorts and white polo as she instructed and ran after her..”What can you confidently cook?”A question the lady who was introduced as our supervisor asked everyone of us..it was one small girl, I knew I should even be her elder..i was confident about it..We were divided into groups, floor by floor..I was in the third floor, and the academy had six floors in total.. You can imagine, of all the six floors, that Daniel had to be in the same third floor..”You, want can you confidently cook?”The question startled me a bit, I was busy checking Daniel out as he threw winks at me..I noticed no one actually admitted they couldn’t cook anything.. And I didn’t want to bethe firstEveryone had picked one or two food they could confidently prepare.. So to look the best I blew the lie with confidence”I can prepare..anything”Daniel alone burst out laughing.. That stupid boy, what was wrong with him”Madam know it all, why not cook something for us!”He raised the suggestion..anddespite my inner prayers to cast and bind the idea, the supervisor bought it”I am Brenda, your supervisor, I would be listing lots of African dishes we would practice for the week..but before then, Madam Nadia, who can cook anything, will prepare a fruit salad for us”
Just A Taste

Continues

No comments:

Vacancy