Monday 22 January 2018

Just A Taste episode 14


Just A Taste Episode 14

NADIA continues: Have you ever experienced that moment when you don’t know the perfect exclamation to suit your expression. Should I go for ‘What?!!’, ‘Jeez!!’ Or ‘Wow!’
After keeping my eyes open for about 2minutes, without blinking; oh my poor eyes. I finally settled for
“What?!”
She smiled still and threw a pan at me. I almost missed but luckily I caught it.
“Focus Nadia”
She warned and opened the fridge to bring out a marinated chicken.
“Wait, so you mean she is not a rookie? Like she can cook? Why did she lie to me? Why is she keeping her identity a secret”
She was quiet as she sliced the chicken into parts.
“Pick up your knife and slice Nadia. In time you’ll know. Just know that Joyce, is more than a cook. I taught her everything I know. And the same I would do for you”
She had not satisfied my insatiable curiosity.
“Who are you madam Serena?”
She pursed for a while and instructed me to open my new cook guide.
“Open to page 3 and read out the ingredients.

How to prepare peppered chicken
*ingredients*
Onions
Garlic
Tumeric
Benny stock
Knorr 
Curry powder
Thyme
Suya spice
Grinded pepper
Tomatoes

Steps: 
-Boil your chicken with 
Thyme, curry powder, tumeric, knorr, Benny stock and marinate in the boiled stock overnight.
– mix your tumeric, lots of grinded pepper, Benny stock, suya spice, curry powder in paste and add your grated tomatoes little water.
– mix till it’s thick and mix each of your boiled chicken in your prepared sauce.
– put in oven for 30minutes

It was all ready. But then, the look I gave her had to prompt her to at least give me an hint. And so, when I asked my last question, she considered and answered.
” You choosing to teach me was planned by you both right?”
She nodded in affirmation.
“Nadia, Joyce suggested I choose you. I chose you”

“So that day you bumped into me, it wasn’t a coincidence?”
She shook her head. My mind was suggesting lots of safety measures. I was slowly backing away. I understood what they wanted me for, even if she had not said it yet.
“You want to use me to achieve something? Like, you know all these undercover spies”
I chuckled a little to act like I was relaxed so she could spill it out.
“Yes Nadia, you have to be the best. So I can get my position back”
Ok ok.. This is getting deep.
“What position? Am I a tool or something?”
I didn’t wait for her to respond I charged out.

DANIEL: Ok I have to strategize my plans on how to win Nadia’s heart. I am not forgetting the part where my uncle waits for me to graduate from the academy. I trust my mum to keep my seat. She is a smart woman. Forget about the Father stuff, I concluded it was a lie to lure me out.
For now, let me consecrate on Nadia. After the Academy, we begin the battle.
It wouldn’t be easy though. The girl has issues. Pride issues.

NADIA: 
“Joyce spill now!”
She was quiet.
“I know everything OK..everything”
She remained quiet, I couldn’t believe this was the Joyce that couldn’t do without talking for a sec.
“Nadia, calm down and listen.. You have to be the best”
Oh God of Israel. I have heard that before. The question remains why?!
“For what? So you both would use me? No wonder your mother has constantly instructed I trust no one”
She was still calm. I knew she was trying to keep her cool and calm me down. But I wasn’t ready for that.
The door bell rang and the interrupted us.
You can imagine Daniel standing at my door.
I didn’t even wait to hear what he had to say. I slammed the door even before he opened his mouth.
“Joyce? I am waiting!”
I charged back at Joyce.
“Nadia, being the best is for your own good! Making a name in this Academy is your gain. The person you must watch out for is the president’s new wife and her daughter Brenda!”

Just A Taste Continues..


No comments:

Vacancy