Thursday 20 April 2017

Betrayal Episode 6

Luckily Neighbours rushed out from their rooms and held Dave strongly, even though none of them dared caution him. I managed to drag Benjamin to his room, while some kind neighbours followed and assisted me in calming him down.


“why were you fighting with that criminal?
Nawa for you oo,
“do you want to bring yourself down to his level?
“abeg always ignore him the way we do, he is just a frustrated crimminal” they asked, advised and cautioned Benjamin who kept moving his eyes to and fro like a cornered rat.

“i think you should report him to the police or school security” a neighbour advised,

“hmmm which kind advice you dey give so? Abeg don’t listen to him jare unless you are ready to fight all his {cult} group” another neighbour chipped in, instantly causing a hot debate among them and it lasted till late in the evening.


“i’m sorry for dragging you into this” i apologized when we were finally alone. He bit his lips and stared at me with a blank expression.

“cyndii i failed you” he muttered sadly. My heart melted, i drew close and held him passionately,

“you made me very proud today dear” i replied sweetly. He breathed deeply before kissing my right hand,

“please i will like to see the spot where his belt landed on you” he begged quietly. I instantly looked away with a coloured face.

I never knew he noticed when Dave’s belt landed on my body because it happened in a flash and i equally failed mentioning it to him because i didn’t want him to feel bad.

“c’mon dear please show me” he pleaded.

I calmly obeyed, turned my back and pulled off my top,

“oh my God!” he exclaimed as he examined my body, making cold shiver run down my spine,

“i will report him to the police” i heard him mutter. My heart instantly leapt, i turned and held his hand,

“please allow this matter to die abeg dear” i pleaded with guilt and shame in my eyes because i never knew i would stoop so low as to beg on Dave’s behalf, even though i was restrained from reporting him to the authorities few days ago, but my plea really was for Benjamin’s good, because cultists are always very deadly and unpredictable.

“so what do you think we should do to him?” i soon heard him ask. I swallowed hard, covered my face with my palms and rested it on my knees,
“what really should be done to that rascal?” i asked myself over and over again. A multi million question very hard to answer.

I was very busy with my thoughts that i never knew when he left me to boil hot water, nor when he returned with a hot bowl of water.

“dear i’m about to massage your back” i heard him say as he sat beside me. I jolted, stared at him and smiled, while he curiously returned my look.

My bra was soon on the floor and his hands all over my back with a small towel which he used in massaging me,

Oh how sweet it really was to have his strong gentle hands work on me with a hot towel.
I was soon caught in the euphoria of heavenly feelings.

Hmmm I know you all can guess what happened next……

The power supply soon went off as he massaged me, instantly throwing his room into darkness. He kissed my ear, went and lit a candle, returned and sat by my side,

“should i continue?” he asked, but i just kept quiet and closed my eyes,

“seems like i will continue with something more pleasurable” he whispered into my right ear and turned me to face him.

I raised my eyebrows, giving him a look of scalding sexuality. His body instantly stiffened in response, while sparks of white heat glinted in the depths of my eyes, as i drew close and brushed my lips against his ear,

“you have awakened me” i moaned into his ear before darting my tongue between his parted lips,

“so am i” he moaned as he gently grabbed my left bo.som. In a flash he was atop me, his eyes glinting in the gentle candle glow.

“wait let me work on you dear” i offered and held his chest,

“sure?” he asked curiously. I smiled sat up and faced him. Without another word we quickly pulled off the rest of our clothes, he laid on the bed and smiled at me.

Sliding down the length of his thighs, i heard his fierce gasp as i took the smooth head of his erection into my mouth and moved my tongue languidly across its tip. I really was no expert, but i clearly saw he was enjoying it which encouraged me to continue with instinct, guided by my own sensual pleasure. I soon found myself in a thrall of irresistable sexual urge.

I never knew i could feel the way i did by just working on his erection which greatly surprised me, or “was it caused by the hot water massage he earlier treated me with??” I wondered.

Closing my eyes in delirious ecstasy, i felt his hands grasping my hair. I truly was drenched with hot, urgent excitement.

“baby” he rasped,

“oh my Benjamin” i moaned.

He gently threw me down with a glittering need in his eyes, before bending down to kiss my collar bone and boso.ms. I quivered and wriggled as his mouth moved down the flat plane of my stomach, his tongue tip tracing a meandering path of ecstasy and anticipation.

He moaned as his fingers found my k.itty, he gently brushed his lips on it, equally breathing in its intoxicating natural perfume.

“surely he is learning fast” i muttered to myself with a smile. His finger gently found its way into my wet inviting hole, catching me by surprise.

My o—-m was swift and savage,

“oh Benjamin” i moaned again…

Days later Dave saw me as i was returning from school, caught up with me at the staircase and held my right hand softly. I stopped and stared at him coldly while he returned my look with a calm smile.

“i know you are still very angry with me over what happened the other day, i’m very sorry” he apologized. I tried to snatch my hand from his grasp but he strongly held me.

“please just take this and buy something for yourself, i really do apologize with all my heart” he muttered and offered a brown envelope to me. I stared at him speechlessly, tried again to snatch my hand but he still held it strongly.

“just take it please” he pleaded,

“just let me be Dave” i replied with a raised tone. He stared around, before facing me once again,

“cyndii what i feel for you is no ordinary love, i swear i can pull down any building just to make you mine” he added quietly.

I unhappily shook my head as i tried to calm myself down. A new plan instantly rushed into my mind,

“okay let’s go to my room” i muttered coldly. He smiled, released my hand and together we walked into my room.

____

He quietly sat on my bed, I sat beside him in a well composed manner and faced him with a fake smile,

“i really do appreciate the gift, but i cannot accept it” I calmly said to him, while he silently stared at me,

“i know you truly do love me Dave” i added and held his right hand which totally surprised him.

“A great love, even if it be unfortunate, should ennoble a man, not make him desperate and heartless, please let’s just be friends, i do believe with time i may learn to love you” i murmured gently.

“but can’t you offer something much more than ordinary friendship?” he asked instantly. His anguish very real, not feigned in any way. Love, life, liberty all were at stake which i very well knew and so had to choose my words carefully.

“no Dave friendship is all i can offer for now”, “here you are offering me love, and my hand does not tremble, my heart equally does not; your words give me no pleasure, only pain; i’m conscious of nothing, only a wish to end this interview, please do understand my plight. How else can i explain that i feel no love for you at the moment” i poured out to him.

“but with time, could you learn to love me?” he eagerly asked,

“yes i’m very sure i will, please don’t think i speak out of pride or to pain you” i lied sweetly. All i wanted that moment was my freedom which i prayed our little discussion would grant me.

I saw a sudden shadow of despair come into his eyes. I swallowed hard and muttered quick silent prayers to my creator.

“you have unmanned me, but i think you are right, i can’t force out love from you, lets be friends like you said” he muttered while his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

I heaved a sigh of relief, my eyes instantly lit up with joy. I felt like hugging him in appreciation, but i held myself,

“thanks alot for understanding my plight” i murmured with delight.

He stood for some moments in silence; a dim perception of his own unworthiness came over him, with a smile, he tapped my left shoulder and left my room quietly.

“is this the end?” i asked myself happily,

Only time will tell…..

Dave never did disturb me again, he just kept his distance and avoided me like a snake which i very much loved, even though it really was very surprising to Benjamin who couldn’t believe that “Dave easily swallowed his pride and gave me up without any harm”.

______
ONE YEAR LATER

Time flies so fast when we have our dreams up and running. I was soon in the second semester of my 3rd year while Benjamin in his final semester as a student.

Our relationship blossomed and matured into something so solid and sweet. It just looked as if i was created for him. His family accepted and treated me as if i was their daughter. They really couldn’t wait for us to finish school and get married.

I transformed Benjamin from a quiet, cool headed introvert into an artistic, charming, noble young man whose greatest hobby was to love me. The clothes in my wardrope, the jewelleries, flowers, cards, teddy bears i was lavished with and even my fat bank account all testified to his benevolence. He so totally spoilt me, that i hardly ever touched the monthly allowance my parents do give me. My ego and pride were so high. I was envied by many.

“oh what else could i have asked my creator for?”
LOVE SURELY WORKS WONDERS

But sometimes no matter how hard we struggle to shape our future, challenges do come to test our courage and zeal, always appearing when least expected, and only a little misdeed that moment could rewrite everything.

Some folks do say that ‘whatever will be, will surely be no matter how hard we plan’, and some holy books do say ‘our destiny already has been written by our creator before birth’. Whatever the case, life is so full of mysteries.

The future i so much struggled to build with Benjamin was completely jeopardized weeks into my 300level second semester. I never knew my fate could take such a dramatic twist nor my past showing up to haunt me. Not only did it return to haunt me, it equally came to steal my soul, pride, heart and all i laboured for, without even a mask to hide its face.

My past came pertinaciously for me when i least expected, and i truly can’t explain how lost or petrified i was when it came knocking on my door.

The shock, pain and anger i felt when i answered my door and saw Mike {my ex-boyfriend} smiling nervously with hands clasped behind him, was so immense that i couldn’t breathe for a while. The look of relief in his eyes when they rested on me really was undeniable. For some seconds i stared at him speechlessly, lost in thought and clueless on what to do.

He truly wasn’t looking bad, though a bit darker than when i last saw him. He wore a white shirt, black tie, trouser and shoes. His features perfectly constructed and matured…..

How fast i noticed…

Hmmm

“nooooo go away!” i cried as i shut my door on his face, dived to my bed and covered my head with my pillow.

“how did he find me?” i wondered miserably.

I left my old lodge and changed my phone number all because of him. Seeing him that afternoon instantly brought up old memories, drawing out tears from my eyes. I was highly demoralized.

“cyndii please open your door, i just came to talk with you” he knocked and begged. I simply ignored him and refused to open my door.

He finally left after an hour of constant knocking. I heaved a sigh of relief and made the sign of the cross,

“Lord be my strength” i prayed, because I needed no one to tell me that he would return. However i failed to mention Mike’s visit to Benjamin, when we were together later in the evening, without knowing the reason. Perhaps it was because i didn’t want to involve him in my problems anymore. A lame excuse i consoled myself with.

“hope everything is alright?” Benjamin asked curiously as soon as he noticed my absent-mindedness,

“i’m having a slight headache” i muttered calmly,

“i have panadol in my room, let me get it for you” he sweetly said as he got up,

“no don’t worry, all i need is just a good night sleep” i murmured and flashed him a smile. He shrugged and rubbed my back,

“good night dear, let me leave you alone” he muttered and left for his room.
_____
NEXT DAY

“some lecturers are truly very annoying with the manner they behave sometimes” i murmured furiously as i left our lecture hall after writing a hot impromptu test which i manged to answer only three out of six questions. I really was very annoyed and swore to anyone who blocked my path as i left the hall as if something was pursuing me.

A strong hand grabbed me without warning, i instantly turned to lash out on whoever it may be. But I was stunned when my eyes fell on Mike, smiling nervously in his usual way. I felt like slapping him but the crowd around us was much.

“calm down my dear, things are not always as they seem” he muttered quietly,

“i have a story to tell, after listening to it you can then pour out your mind” he added calmly.

“i’m in no mood to listen to your story, i don’t care anymore, moreover it’s too late” i replied haughtily. I could have snatched my hand and ran away that moment, but i didn’t, instead i stood and stared at him while i calmly deliberated whether to listen to his story or not. Curiousity got hold of me.

“don’t say anything dear till you listen to my story, it won’t take much of your time, you can go your way after listening to it. I only came to fulfill something i promised myself” he urged with a smile. I breathed deeply, shrugged with a shoulder and followed him to a quiet, expensive cafe at the other end of the school.

I knew it was undignifying to allow my curiousity get hold of me, but i just couldn’t help it,

“am i under a spell or what?” i asked myself as we sat down in the cafe, moments later.

“please God don’t allow Benjamin to see me here” i silently prayed with guilt….

“please be quick with the story” i muttered with a drawn face, while he simply just smiled, supported his jaw with his right hand and stared at me like someone with a whole lot of time in his hands,

“you really have grown into a beautiful woman, more sexy and attractive than i expected” he said with a smile. I frowned and sighed,

“your plan didn’t work, you thought i will dry up like a dead leaf when you abandoned me abi? Mtcheeew” i poured and hissed. He instantly looked away with remorse in his eyes, but i felt no pity for him. His comment really ignited my anger, even though it was meant to flatter me.

“abeg do fast and tell me the story, i have other things to do” i urged coldly,

“your comments are just like a whip, flogging the living hell out of me” he murmured in order to draw out pity. I scoffed, shook my head and stared at him coldly,

“thunder fire you there, i just wish my comments could do much more than flogging your wretched body” i cursed bitterly.

“my God! Cyndii you have changed considerably, you now curse and throw insults without fear” he exclaimed with surprise,

“change is a constant thing in life oga, and as long as i’m alive, i will keep on changing. I see you have no story to tell, this conversation is over and never happened” i barked and stood up rudely. He instantly tried to grab my left hand, but was unsuccessful.

“please don’t ever come to my lodge again unless you need a hot bath” i threatened and walked away, while he speechlessly stared at me with a coloured face.

“God please forgive me, i never intended to curse and insult him this way, but you know he caused everything” i prayed with remorse as i left the cafe.

I soon felt a strong hand grab me from behind {outside the cafe}, i instantly turned and stared at Mike murderously,

“please can i have your phone number” he begged,

“go to hell” i cursed, turned and made to leave. He instantly blocked my path and stared at me with prayers in his eyes,

“don’t do this cyndii, please i have waited so long for this moment, if you refuse me your phone number, i will have no choice than to follow you to your lodge and kill myself with your hot water, i can’t just continue living this way, not after seeing you after a long wait” he begged seriously.

I looked up and down with confusion and frustration quickly eating me up like hunger. I equally battled with my mind as i thought of the strategy i could use in discharging him.

I slowly held my pride, and controlled my angry spirit,

“I need to sleep over this issue, i can’t just give you my new phone number easily, moreover you just appeared from the clouds after disappearing from my life for a long time, i will be in school tomorrow, perhaps you will get my number if we meet then, but please on no account should you visit my lodge, that’s all i can say for now and i think it’s fair considering all you did to me” i muttered calmly. He shrugged unhappily and nodded with a faint smile.

“that’s fine by me” he accepted without another argument. I rolled my eyes and walked away without another word,

“how do i resist this idio.t of a boy?” i wondered.

“I surely need Amara’s advice before i do something nasty, two heads are better than one” i concluded with a calm smile as i trekked back to my lodge that fateful afternoon, very glad i was finally free from his disturbance, at least for that day….

LATER IN THE EVENING, AMARA’S ROOM

“mike is back” i whispered into my friend’s ear as if i was scared of calling out Mike’s name. She glanced at me with surprise,

“mike! Which mike?” she curiously asked,

“my ex na, have you forgotten him?” i replied. She instantly gasped and held my left palm tightly,

“you mean you saw him?” she asked,

” he was in my room yesterday and even blocked me in school today” i explained,

“so what does he want?, how did he even find you?” she asked with concern,

“girl i really can’t say how he found me, i even thought you were the person who helped him” i answered quietly. She gave me an askance look, smiled and tapped my left shoulder,

“nawa for you, why you go think that kind thing? I’m very much surprised as you are, so what did he say and what does he want?” she asked.

“usual stuff, he wants my phone number, he has a story to tell, he can’t continue living this way” i replied and mimicked Mike’s voice. She laughed and clapped her hands.

“abegi don’t mind him, better be careful from now onwards, you know how guys especially first boyfriend’s can be, very cunning and crafty like a con-artist, moreover he knows you too well, so please don’t even give him any chance to open his mouth” she advised.

“but how can i be able to do that? He threatened to kill himself if i don’t give him attention” i murmured,

“then let him kill himself, supposing you died of heartbreak when he left you, will he be talking all these nonsense” she replied unhappily, while i breathed deeply and shrugged.

“so have you told your guy?” she asked,

“no” i murmured and shook my head,

“please don’t hide this issue from him, it will be easier for you to discharge him with Benjamin backing you up, i’m talking from experience” she advised like a sister,

“i really don’t like involving that poor boy in my problems” i murmured,

“i don’t think you have any other choice, my dear” she concluded and stared at me with pity. I looked away and shrugged.

9PM, BENJAMIN’S ROOM

I laid on his body, while he gently played with my hair, a gesture i always enjoyed, but that evening, i really was very restless.

Amara’s advice kept repeating in my head, urging me to open up and reveal all i was hiding. But i couldn’t get myself to do her bidding, which really was the most appropriate thing to do.

A force i really can’t define nor figure out, sealed my lips and locked them firmly like a padlock. Perhaps it was fear which hindered me or maybe it was my stupidity which played such a dirty trick on me. My conscience urged me but my strength failed me, while my mouth refused to oblige. The kind of force which held me that moment seemed similar to that which often stops we girls from exposing our boyfriend’s pals who made passes at us. Only girls will surely understand the state i was in. Deep down i felt very guilty..

“i will talk to Mike tomorrow, if he still insists, then i will have no choice than to tell Benjamin” i promised myself.

A promise which left a sour feeling in my mind, but unknown to me Amara had her own plans which soon reshaped and turned everything upside down for me….

Dawn arrived quickly than i expected. I tossed uneasily on Benjamin’s bed.

“how do i face Mike today?” i wondered and closed my eyes,

“God help me” i prayed and breathed deeply. My strength failed me.
___
I stayed away from lectures{school} that fateful day, and stayed indoors with Benjamin, who really was very glad to sacrifice his lectures because of me. We had a wonderful time playing, kissing and joking, but deep down i still felt very uneasy.

I kept thinking about Mike and his next line of action, since i failed to show up in school. My heart leapt each time i heard someone knocking on a neighbour’s door, fearing it was him knocking on my door.

“hope you are alright dear, you look very anxious and uneasy?” Benjamin asked numerous times that fateful day. But instead of telling him my plight i preferred to keep it firmly sealed in my heart.

“i can’t believe you still havn’t told him about mike, upon everything i said to you yesterday, seriously you are no longer behaving like the cyndii i know, are you under a spell or are you still habouring some form of affection for that boy?” Amara asked suspiciously, when she came into my room later in the evening, after returning from school..

“you won’t understand” i murmured and bit my lips,

“yes i can’t understand your behaviour anymore, you even skipped lectures because of that boy nawao” she replied and shook her head.

“i know what i’m doing okay, you are just misunderstanding my actions dear,” i murmured. She shrugged and changed the topic, while I instantly felt relieved, because i really had no strength to argue with her.

However when Benjamin confronted me about Mike later in the night, i knew my best friend had snitched on me. I felt very terrible, weak and lost, but what pained me the most was Benjamin’s words, which really injured me immensely.

“i never knew you could keep such information away from me. I never believed i will ever hear such news from someone else, why Cyndii?, why??” he asked after repeating all Amara told him.

I swallowed hard and looked away, with an injured pride, totally ashamed of myself.

“i can’t even imagine you stayed away from school just because of him” he muttered,

“baby i kept it away from you because i didn’t want to involve you, i know how upset you will be if i tell you such news” i explained truthfully, but for the first time he choosed not to believe me. He stared at me for a while before looking down.

“seriously i don’t know what to believe, how am i even sure you havn’t been meeting him secretly, perhaps it was your friend’s conscience that made her open up to me even though i suspect she tuned down the whole thing” he murmured. I gasped in shock, grabbed his right hand strongly, forcing him to bring his eyes back on me.

Benjamin has never doubted, suspected, nor spoken silly words to me, but that moment it appeared as if i lost all his trust. The most painful part of it all was that he accused me unjustly and kept staring at me as if i was a half penny who.re.

“my God, why did Amara do this to me” i wondered with a weeping heart, totally lost, dejected and heartbroken……

No comments:

Vacancy